Thursday, May 17, 2012

Time to Get Moving Forward

Time to check things off my To-do list

Things are still really hectic around here - but I've got to start getting my To-do list shortened. It's gotten so long, it's got to be virtually down the steps and out the door now!
So I've got to start getting organized.
Rats, I hate getting organized! I despise Spring Cleaning! Why does everything start with getting things in order. I know that it's easier to find things and all that after all that work. It's just that I'm really not into doing it. Yes, I'm a procrastinator!

But I also found out I work pretty good under pressure too. Don't like it, but I can really get stuff done! Just don't want to get penned into that kind of situation often. I do have to admit that when I've got things set up, it all does go faster and smoother.

Okay, I'll do it! If I don't, that nagging little voice will drive me crazy till I do. I'd rather just get it over with.
So, first thing I need to start with is getting all the little things out of the way. Stuff that won't take too long and that will be done in a snap. That should take care of quite a few of those nasty little tasks on my list. Of course, those pests tend to be reoccurring types, which means I'll have to do them again later too.

Well, gotta start someplace, right?

Now, what's next... Some medium tasks, that will cut down of a good handful or two. But they are a bit more to deal with. Let's see, maybe some of them can be combined or can be put aside for later. I know, I'm not supposed to be kicking the can down the road... but some things may just have to wait.

Now, one thing that should be easy enough is blogging on this site. I don't see why I can't do that more than I have been. A few posts a few times a week shouldn't be too hard. I'll just have to give it a try. Of course, I need to also start working on the other pages on my site. Now that won't take too long IF I get things organized. Dang it, I have to admit, that it would make things a lot easier if I did.

Well, if I take each task, get everything planned and set up, then finish it off, I'll be able to get it off the list. If I just focus on one step at a time and carry it out till the end, that should make it all go faster. I really need to stop hopping online to look something up and get distracted by all the other things I would like to do online. That really cuts into the time I have to finish up things.

Boy, that's going to be hard. I'm such a news hound! I love checking out all the current happenings. Oh, that might be where all my time is going. So, how can I keep current and still stay on task? Maybe I should set a day that I go and catch up on all the news in a chunk and then that will free up the time for other things  I need to do. Well, it would be worth a try, I really need to get a lot of things done. Guess I'll give that a chance so I can get more things finished.

Time for me to get things started. You know, it's not so bad really. I'm starting to look forward to getting things straightened up and make things easier to plan out. I really like the feeling of being in control more of all this stuff I have to do. If I take it one step at a time, it doesn't look so impossible anymore.

Hope that everyone out there has a great weekend coming up and that you're moving forward towards all your goals.

Take care and Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment