Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dropping into Reality

I'm working on a very large project - It's called "Operation Clean Sweep" as in I'm getting rid of as much stuff as I can that will help me in reducing the amount of stuff in my house.
See I want to move, but if I don't want to hire a fleet of trucks, I'm going to have to reduce the amount that I'm taking with me. At the same time, I'm hoping to make a small amount of money off of this that will be going into the "Going Home" fund.

I have tried to make a go of it here in GA, but of the friends I made - they've either been deployed or died. I do know some people here, but most can't be called real friends since they are so busy that they can't even seem to find the time to call me up just to say "hi". In the 17 yrs I've been here there is no one that I can call up to go out with, or anyone to hang out with or even to just talk to.

I miss the blue ridge. I miss having four seasons. I miss being in the country, breathing fresh air; not air scented with cookies, soap or the paper mill stench depending upon which direction the wind is blowing.
I just want to find some land and put a dw on it or find a small farm that I can settle down on. I tried that here and wound up in a subdivision, with bills and repairs that eat up what income I have each month.

Being disabled, unable to drive - it's left me isolated, alone and solitary. The only way to reach out to the world regularly is through the net. I still need to do erands, that usually means a 5+ mile walk one way. My older son often will try to do the simple tasks to keep me from overdoing it. Often when I return from an all day outing, I can barely walk at all the next day. But I discovered years ago what many had before me, that it is difficult to find help out there.

Oh sure, there are places to get food, so called shuttle transport, but often you have to get to the service or there is never any room or there's a waiting list. Some places have given me the "we've helped you once before, we can only help once in a lifetime." Which is odd since it's the charities that are spouting it.
But I'm not going to go getting on my soap box about the injustice and all right now. I'm too tired, weary in the spirit tonight I would guess...I just don't have the heart to get a outraged roll going. Maybe another time...

Well, need to get some sleep...so I'll catch up with you all another time.
Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment