Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Lost Treasure for Me!

I was clearing up and packing up due to needing more room again. I came across something I'd thought I'd lost ages ago. My box with all my writing! Notebooks, folders stuffed and envelopes with clippings - everything!
Well, maybe not everything, but a whole heck of a lot of my writing was in there. So for me that was like finding a lost treasure! A writer's jackpot filled with memories! Mostly because such a large part of me went into all that writing. Plus now I can actually put a bunch of it together and start polishing up a piece here and there. Start uploading some and seeing about getting some published maybe.

So that was a really great find for me. Granted I've still got more stuff to send off to the storage unit in the next few weeks. Come to think of it, I am going to have to start planning a yard sale to:

1. get rid of stuff that I no longer need or want
2. get some extra cash to save up for an emergency
3. make some more room in the storage unit and the house.

I may just call someone to haul off whatever doesn't sell. One of those people that buy up the left over yard sale stuff to go sell at the flea market. I can't get there myself - so why not load off the stuff on someone who's already going out anyway...

Finally found the other A/C unit - need to get it set up tomorrow. Then maybe things will cool off a bit in the house. It's been so muggy lately that the heat's almost impossible to deal with. Have one A/C already in and cooling, but with the size of the house it's going to take two to handle this heat.

Well, that's all for now. Been feeling a bit better since the pool's up and I've been taking some time out to swim. Just have to make sure that I don't get too "busy" and forget to go out. So far it's not been so hard...but if I start getting wrapped up in stuff I may need the kids to drag me out for a while to take that swimming break. lol

Hope that everyone enjoy the changes ahead - it's either that or be grumpy about them. Think I'll try to roll with things...I'm to hot to gripe about anything right now...lol 

That doesn't mean I won't later though...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment